Monday, June 18, 2012

Beef Ravioli with Artichokes

Need a quick meal to feed a crowd?  Here is a semi-homemade ravioli that will please a crowd in 30 minutes and not break your budget.  


2 packages frozen beef ravioli (without sauce)
1 large jar spaghetti sauce
2 cans artichokes in brine, drained
fresh parsley
fresh oregano or dried Italian seasoning
salt & pepper

Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add frozen ravioli.  Boil until all the ravioli is floating at the top.  Drain well and return ravioli to the pot.  Add spaghetti sauce, artichokes, and about 1 teaspoon fresh oregano or 1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning.  Add a general pinch each of salt and pepper.  Stir well and heat through.  Serve with some fresh snipped parsley on top and salt and pepper to taste.  You could top with some freshly grated Parmesan.  Serve with garlic bread and a salad.  For a family of 4 just cut the ingredient amounts in half.

3 comments:

Diane Balch said...

My daughter and I love artichokes and I'm always wondering what to do with the jar in the pantry. I would love it if you would share your recipe on my foodie friday party today.

Unknown said...

I am WAY late to the party but thanks so much for the invite! I've added your button and I'm a new follower. So nice to meet you!

Adelina Priddis said...

Hey, thanks for sharing this on Foodie Friday! My husband LOVES artichokes. I think I'll give this a try soon.